My philosophy is simple: People.
It’s all about others – whether your customers, audience, teammates or stakeholders. Take care of your people and the potential for success will be exponential.
Always energetic, creative, strategic and passionate, I have been fortunate to have a career that spans unique moments and opportunities – working with and leading some of the best teams in communication and marketing. From producing an Emmy-nominated documentary to being named a top social media professional, I have always been an innovative thinker, early technology adopter, out-side-the-box advocate and the (cheer) leader who gets the team across the finish line.
My journey started in broadcast journalism at WHYY, a Philadelphia-based PBS affiliate. I produced the nightly news, managed the website because I was young and “knew how to do that,” occasionally reported in the field and took a rare opportunity put my college meteorology studies to use by anchoring the weather forecast. #ProudWeatherNerd Let’s talk synoptic climatology over coffee.
Always having my fingers on the pulse of news, I translated my journalism skills to work on Capitol Hill in the U.S. House of Representatives as a communications manager for Delaware’s Congressman, Mike Castle. The fast-pace, excitement and impact of being at the epicenter of our country’s government system was inspiring and invigorating every day. On the Hill, I learned about the importance of compromise, collaboration and continuity – oh, and it happened to be when social media, online engagement, e-marketing and video began taking off. Fast forward to present day.
For the last eight years, I have been immersed in higher education marketing and communications. I was able to put into practice what I learned along the way: seek innovative solutions, value constituent relationships, push new distribution channels, seek brand engagement opportunities, target campaign marketing, align efforts with business goals and always focus on team building. While working at the University of Delaware full-time as Senior Director for Marketing, I also spent the last four years as Associate Consultant for Ruffalo Noel Levitz (RNL) – partnering with colleges and universities across the country to develop forward-thinking strategies for branding, marketing, digital and social media, and marketing governance. Being in higher education and having my master’s degree in educational technology, teaching quickly became a passion project as I developed one of the first social media marketing programs in the country and taught 15 classes with 500+ students at the undergraduate, MBA and continuing education levels.
To learn more, check out my full Resume.
Awards and accolades
- 2017: Leadership Delaware Alumnus of the Year
- 2016: Most Outstanding Program for Social Media Marketing course (UPCEA)
- 2016: International coverage and 5 MM+ views for #CoplineBling
- 2014: Inaugural “40 Under 40” class (Delaware Business Times)
- 2011: Finalist for Social Media Professional of the Year (PR News)
- 2011: Feature by Council for Advancement and Support of Education and Inside Higher Ed
- 2009: Mid-Atlantic Emmy nomination for producing documentary, Joe Biden’s Journey
National and regional speaking engagements
- 2017: “Going Live” (RNL National Conference)
- 2016: “Set Your Structure to Be Social” (RNL National Conference)
- 2015: “Use Your Users” (RNL National Conference)
- 2015: “Implementing Social Media Policies” (Academic Impressions)
- 2014: “Recruiting with Socially Savvy Students (RNL National Conference)
- Local panels and presentations in 2014: Delaware Economic Summit, Delaware PIO Summit, Delaware Ace Women’s Network