Biden Is Back
Goals: Develop and execute an online-offline engagement campaign geared toward current and prospective students to celebrate the return of one of UD’s most distinguished alumnus, former Vice President Joe Biden.
Former Vice President Joe Biden founded the UD Biden Institute to continue his life-long work on domestic policy issues. While the Institute was in its first weeks, UD students were longing for an opportunity to connect with Biden as a fellow Blue Hen and welcome him back to campus. In just four weeks, our in-house team pulled together colleagues and departments from across the University – spanning the academic side with colleges, engagement with student affairs and alumni and advancement as well as administrative support with event operations, IT and facilities – and worked hand-in-hand with the Biden team from logistics planning, to media coordination, to content and creative strategy.
Under the leadership of central communications and marketing, we led the event by planning a student-focused rally, developing a creative style that complimented the UD brand, creating a fully integrated marketing strategy campaign, producing and editing a video series with Biden (“This or That?”) to promote the event, and developing both event and online engagement strategies for a comprehensive, memorable brand experience.
VIDEO MARKETING: “THIS OR THAT?”
- Distributed via social media to promote the student rally
- Launched event hashtag #BidenIsBack
- Showcased Biden’s Blue Hen pride and connection to students
- Reach: 200k+ users
BRAND EVENT EXPERIENCE
- Development of design and co-branding of UD/ Biden
- Creation of run of show, scripts and staging and sourcing speakers
- Oversight of event logistics and communication/ marketing coverage and operations
- Attendees: 2,500+
REAL-TIME SOCIAL: #BIDENISBACK
- In-house team provided coverage via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Leveraged Snapchat geofilter
- Hashtag use: 3,800+
- Unique content contributers: 2,300+
- Audience reached: 3.4 million